Ivy’s owners left her after their house burned. She was literally with nobody to take care of her. To the rescue was the Humane Society of Roane County! They have taken Ivy to the vet for a thorough check-up, which revealed heartworms, a parasite caused by mosquito bites. We sponsored Ivy’s treatments, and we are glad her future is brighter than her past.
Bobo and Smokey were surrendered by their owners. They were fortunate enough to find their way to the Humane Society of Roane County. We were happy to help by covering their initial vetting.
Kenny was surrendered to the Roane County Animal Shelter. He had a prolapsed rectum and needed surgery to survive any longer. He was taken to the vet immediately under the Humane Society of Roane County. So many people and groups tried to help Kenny, but unfortunately, the surgery wasn’t successful and Kenny didn’t make it. We contributed $300 to the fee in order to give him a fighting chance.
Gloria originally came into the Roane County Animal Shelter as a stray. They immediately contacted the Humane Society of Roane County for help. She was diagnosed with cancer and the prognosis was grim. The rescue decided to make her last months some of the best outside of the shelter. As a hospice dog, Gloria has had many medical needs arise to help keep her comfortable as long as possible, including tumor removal, blood work, medication, etc. The rescue asked us to help with the cost of her care.
Hazel came to the Humane Society of Roane County from Morgan County after being picked up as a stray by a good Samaritan. She needed immediate medical treatment and ended up being diagnosed with demodex mange. Now that Hazel is healthy, it is time to have her spayed. HPAN paid $55 to Animal Works for the surgery.
Hazel was found wandering the streets of Morgan County and was picked up as a stray by a good Samaritan. She contacted the Humane Society of Roane County (HSRC) who graciously took her. Upon vetting, they learned that Hazel had an eye infection, a bad skin infection, worms, and needed to gain weight. After her initial vetting was completed, Hazel did not show signs of improvement for her skin infection. She has been diagnosed with demodex mange. The rescue reached out to HPAN for help on Hazel’s medical expenses, as demodex mange takes a long time to heal and requires medicine.
Morgan was picked up as a stray and held at the Roane County Animal Shelter. Sad and depressed at the shelter, this sweet boy was pulled by the Humane Society of Roane County in hopes of lifting his spirits and helping him to find a wonderful home. Upon vetting, they learned that he was heartworm positive. Morgan’s chances at adoption were nil until the heartworms were gone, so HPAN was happy to kick in funds to clear them up so he can live out the rest of his life. Morgan will be ready for adoption later in January.
This is one of those rescues that took a village effort. Double Dog Rescue in Connecticut saw Tori on the Roane County Animal Shelter’s Facebook page. She pulled at their heartstrings, so they requested her, which meant that a local rescue needed to facilitate the pull. Enter the Humane Society of Roane County. They were able to make connection with the local K9 Lifeline Rescue and set up the foster care needed before the transport to Connecticut coming up in January. Tori had already been spayed, so we sponsored her vaccines and antibiotics to clear up her skin issues. Tori will soon be on a north-bound train to a better life!
Little Lincoln was surrendered by his owner to the Roane County Animal Shelter. The staff immediately called upon the Humane Society of Roane County to see if they could pull Lincoln into rescue. Knowing we were there to help them, they took him right into a vet for an exam. It was found that Lincoln had Demodex mange, which is a severe skin disease brought on by a compromised immune system due to poor nutrition and basic neglect. Lincoln is getting the treatments he needs and is onto a better life!
This is Hudson – before and after. Thankfully, Hudson’s path crossed with a lady who couldn’t look away. He was a stray and desperately needed help. She immediately contacted Roane County Animal Shelter, and they immediately contacted the Humane Society of Roane County whose volunteers took him to the vet. Hudson has endured horrendous treatment in his life. He has chronic dry eye syndrome. The hair loss was due to fleas not mange, and the fleas caused anemia. He was heartbreakingly emaciated, and he is heartworm positive. X-rays show he is full of buckshot. His life seems to have been an absolute nightmare. Thankfully, the wonderful vets at Pellissippi Veterinary Hospital agreed to do everything they could to save this sweet boy. With daily medication, weekly baths and medicated dips, Hudson has made many improvements. His hair is finally growing back, and he has filled out. We kicked in funds to assist with his heartworm treatment, which he is finally well enough to receive.