HPAN Helps Sophia with $300
Sophia was a craigslist giveaway to a Knoxville woman, who soon realized the pup was ill, and she knew she was in over her head. She contacted Dames for Danes for help. The rescue took in Sophia with a misdiagnosis of megaesophagus. Instead, it was a gastrointestinal blockage that was literally causing Sophia to starve to death. She had surgery at UT Veterinary Hospital and recovered. Recently, Sophia swallowed a stuffed toy, which required another scope and surgery for over $2,000. The rescue reached out to us for help on this one, so we chipped in $300.